Monday, September 15, 2008

No election required

I appear to be a parent governor. There were three people proposed for three posts, so I'm in. One is carrying on from a previous term, so it can't be too bad. Can it? I've been to talk briefly to the head, and spoken to the chair of the governing body on the phone - we are meeting next week.

So, that's quite exciting. Eek!

I've also had sight of the second booklet (because it does exist, it's just a little behind where it should be), having emailed its author. I suggested I could take a look at it, as a fresh pair of eyes. I made a few suggestions, but it's really very good, useful.

What else? Oh, the milk saga. I tried to call the Cool Milk agency, but got no answer, so convinced myself there was no way that the registration had worked (someone else said they'd had an email on registering) and tried again. Still no email, so later I managed to get someone on the phone. Indeed, neither attempt at registering online had done a blinkin' thing, so I did it over the phone. I now have an email, and Daughter IS getting milk next week. It's a good job she's not five until March, if she was a September birthday we'd have missed the limited free milk at this rate!

I'm holding off on volunteering to help in class, for the time being. I don't know yet how much time being a governor will take up, but the first meeting is in a couple of weeks, and is at 4pm, so will either involve Husband coming home early, my parents taking the Daughter for a couple of hours, or perhaps one of the neighbours having her for an hour or so, just to fill the gap between me going to school and Husband coming home. So I may not want to introduce extra complications into life right now.

No comments: