Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Guv'nor(s)

First governing body meeting this evening. Husband came home early from work to allow me to go and have tea in the staff room first (the staff room into which we are only allowed by invite; a bit like vampires). Teachers and governors were all introduced to each other, so now I know the first names of just over half the teachers (would be nearly all were it not for my faulty memory) including Daughter's teacher. I promise not to tell her ... especially given that her teacher has the same name as one of her best friends.

We went through the head's report to the governing body, approved a conduct and capability policy we didn't get to read (it's pretty much a three-line-whip from the local authority, hm), amended and approved an arts policy, volunteered for committees, and discussed cycling to school.

I am on the Finance and Premises committee, and also the Appeals and Complaints committee (which has never met).

That's all. Oh, and met the other parent governor who works for my employer, so I will have to have a chat with him at work some time (get the goss, etc).

Daughter wore her winter uniform for the first time today - was going to hold out until October, but it was a bit chilly today, plus I think the novelty got her into it a bit quicker than if she'd worn her summer dress! I do expect her to come back looking a lot more dishevelled after PE though - far more of a faff to get into a polo shirt and pinafore than into a dress.

No comments: