Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I has signatures

I've got a proposer and a seconder (#1 buttonholed at school drop-off after she returned the socks I'd lent her daughter when her wellies leaked last week, #2, my next-door-but-one neighbour called in on on the way home from the school run).

Now I need the personal statement. I don't know how to start it. Still, it's good to have the signatures sorted, now it's just up to me. The deadline is actually 9am on Monday, so I am going to try to get it in before then.

Talking to my neighbour it seems like a few things are wrong admin-wise this year. Her son is in Yr1 and her daughter in Reception, and she's seen a difference between the two years' intakes. Notes to school don't seem to be getting out of bookbags at the moment. Not sure what is going on with Yr1, but I wonder with Reception if the parent helper is just too busy looking after the little ones to do this job? Being optimistic here. The milk seems to have been a problem all round, and still no timetable forthcoming. She did tell me though that the class list was a parent initiative last year, so I'll stop waiting for that to miraculously appear. I'm tempted to organise it, but she's said if no one else does it she will, so I will step back and try to stop being such a control freak.

Anyway, sitting in my neighbour's house drinking coffee after a wet school run is just the ticket, but it wasn't getting MY house tidy, so I've come home. Not that blogging is getting my house tidy either of course.

No comments: