Monday, September 8, 2008

And now for the masterplan ...

... take over the world. Failing that, become parent governor.

To this end, I have recruited one person to either propose or second me - I need someone else to fulfil the other role, of course. There is nothing explicit that says Husband can't do it ... but given that most people won't have a clue who I am it would probably look much better if people who I'm not married to think I'd be a good governor! I have someone to ask tomorrow.

Also to this end, I have made sure there is nothing terribly embarrassing on my Facebook profile.

There is a fair bit of information online about what governors do - given the rather short notice to get nominations in, I'll scan it, but at a first glance (and this was my understanding) it's not unlike being a non-executive director.

In addition to getting my seconder (or proposer, depending on whose name goes where) I need to submit a 100 word personal statement. So, what will make other parents vote for me*?

I am thinking of:
- my professional background as an auditor (governance, and some finance)
- the fact that I'm a Reception parent, and therefore will serve the full four years (which would be true of Year 1, 2 and 3 parents as well of course)
- proximity to the school?

* this is assuming it's contested, there are three posts vacant so it's possible not

No comments: