Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mission Statement

I thought about calling this blog 'Slipping Through My Fingers', after the Abba song in Mamma Mia which nearly caused me an embarrassing 'weeping in the cinema' incident - it struck a chord, with my daughter about to slip through my fingers and off to school. But no, I should be positive about this new chapter in our lives, so the blog gets a ... neutral name.

The idea is to separate out my thoughts and experiences of sending my PFB* to school from my other blogging presence (which will remain unlinked-to from here**.

I will endeavour to be as candid as possible, without identifying myself, my daughter, her friends, the school ... and without embarrassing my daughter. She's four, my mere existence isn't an embarrassment yet; I'd like to keep it that way for a bit longer.

* precious first born, although she is actually a POB
** I will probably link from there to here, but not from here to there

No comments: