Thursday, August 21, 2008

Counting down

We're into the real countdown now, and I'm wondering whether we're actually going to hear anything from the school before Daughter starts. I'm not quite sure what else we need to know, but I do feel like I need a bit of hand-holding.

Daughter has actually just this moment* asked if today is a nursery day. No, I said, it's Friday, you don't go to nursery on a Friday. Then, seizing the opportunity, I said she only had three days left at nursery. Smiling she said 'that is not good!' And then she said she was going to tell two of the members of staff about it. Well, no, I said, you can't tell one of them, she's not in work next week. That's why she gave you a big hug yesterday.

I didn't go on to say 'and that's also why she was crying when she gave you that big hug'. I just did a lot of staring at the ceiling and blinking.

More of the same next week. Sigh.

Since this morning, Sainsburys have failed to provide any school tights, but my Next delivery (due yesterday) did include two pairs. Age 5-6, they fit nicely in the legs, and will also keep her armpits lovely and warm.

* when I started writing this over twelve hours ago

No comments: